Internal corporate communications
In 2018, Gazprom Neft held a major communications campaign to promote its new mission and reviewed model of corporate values among employees. The focus was on communications between Gazprom Neft’s top executives and rank-and-file employees. A strategic session of the Company’s management, attended by CEO Alexander Dyukov, was broadcast live to announce the start of the programme to develop corporate culture and identify the role of all levels of managers in building the target behaviour.
The campaign involved all existing channels of internal communications and also relied on new marketing forms and channels, including interior design of office spaces and production facilities, branding for office stationery, etc. A major part of the campaign was a contest of stories told directly by employees, who shared their insights on how corporate values help in their everyday work and enable them to make the right decisions, especially tough ones.
Following the communications campaign, 53% of employees of the Corporate Centre identified the new corporate values correctly. The level of employee awareness with respect to corporate values was 21 pp higher compared to 2017. A new stage in the communications campaign will be promoting employee behaviour aligned with the new values.
In 2018, the Company held an annual study of its staff morale among employees of the Corporate Centre, 58 subsidiaries, and seven contractors, covering a total of ca. 27,000 people. The study involved a survey followed by randomised focus groups. The resulting reports for each site will serve as a platform to further foster corporate culture and improve staff morale in teams. Action plans focusing on employee engagement are the basis of all internal communications.
Media relations are governed by the Company’s Information Policy and the corporate standard Procedure for Mass Media Interaction and Distribution of Information. In 2018, Gazprom Neft approved its communications strategy, defining the key focuses of its positioning in the media.
The Company’s main communication tools are leading business and industry media, official websites of Gazprom Neft and its subsidiaries integrated into a single system, and pages on Facebook, VKontakte, YouTube, and Instagram.
Gazprom Neft’s press office quickly responds to media enquiries, provides extensive information about the Company’s projects, and is ready to comment on any pertinent industry-wide matters.
On an annual basis, Gazprom Neft holds a traditional press conference for the key Russian and international mass media following the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, along with other press conferences and briefings, including those that are part of the Company’s involvement in leading industry forums in Russia and globally. The Company took part in the Russian Investment Forum (Sochi, February 2018), St Petersburg International Economic Forum (St Petersburg, May 2018), and Eastern Economic Forum (Vladivostok, September 2018).
In 2018, Gazprom Neft implemented major digital and media projects with leading Russian and international media, including TASS, RIA Novosti, RBC TV, Russia-24, Popular Mechanics, Discovery, and National Geographic. Columns by the Company’s top management appeared in business and industry publications. Dedicated presentations for the media were held for some of the most important developments of the year, such as commissioning of the Alexander Sannikov and Andrey Vilkitsky icebreakers and “wing-tip” refuelling of aircraft based on the blockchain technology. In 2018, journalists visited the Company’s sites in Moscow, St Petersburg, Khanty-Mansiysk, Orenburg, Omsk, and other regions of operation, and took part in press events organised by the Company in Serbia, United Arab Emirates, and the UK.
Corporate news that received the strongest interest from external audiences in 2018:
- Commissioning of the Alexander Sannikov and Andrey Vilkitsky icebreakers;
- Increase of the Neptune field reserves and discovery of the Triton field off the shore of Sakhalin;
- Establishment of the Bazhen Technology Centre, a Gazprom Neft subsidiary, in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area;
- Proven efficacy of the new chemical technique for oil recovery enhancement in Western Siberia together with Shell and Salym Petroleum Development N.V.;
- Discovery of an oil reservoir the size of a freestanding oil field at the Zapadno-Messoyakhskoye field;
- Creation of the industry’s first digital model for the Achimov Formation;
- Construction of a Euro+ refining unit at Moscow Refinery;
- First-ever blockchain-based aviation refuelling;
- Gazprom Neft’s construction of an innovative research centre in Tyumen;
- Board of Directors’ approval of the Development Strategy up to 2030;
- Completion of the deal between Gazprom Neft, Mubadala Petroleum and the Russian Direct Investment Fund to jointly develop fields in Western Siberia.